Galaxy HTS data analysis workshop in Freiburgtraining
From 2019-02-25 to 2019-03-01 - Add to your Calendar
Galaxy beginner workshop on High-Throughput data analysis, February 2019, registration is closed. You can sign in into our waiting list.
LocationInstitute for Biology II/III
79104, Freiburg im Breisgau,
- If you are registered but cannot attend our workshop, please contact us by email immediately. We have a long waiting list and can give your place to others, even on short notice.
- Please register to our European Galaxy server to perform the analysis. Participants from the
MPI Freiburg, please note that the European Galaxy server is different from the MPI Galaxy server. You will need to have an account on https://usegalaxy.eu as well.
- You can bring your own notebook or desktop computers will be available. Eduroam is available, ask your institute for how to login.
- The workshop is free of charge. Unfortunately no stipends for travel or accommodation are available.
Every day the workshop will run from 9:00-17:00 (give or take, depending on questions at the end). If the times will change, it will be announced during the workshop.
Preliminary schedule. Topics may be adjusted according to the participants demand
|Mon||Starts at 10:00 am, HTS and Galaxy presentations and introduction|
|Tue||ChIPseq data analysis|
|Wed||RNA-seq data analysis|
|Thu||HiC data analysis|
|Fri||exercises, questioms, discussions, bring your own data … (until 14:00)|
You must go through two Galaxy interactive tours before beginning the training. These interactive tours guide you stepwise through the Galaxy user interface and the history. They will help you to follow the Galaxy introduction, and ensure everyone has a basic understanding of how Galaxy works.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us
From Basel airport to Freiburg you have two options:
- Take the train to Freiburg Hauptbahnhof (ICE or EC takes 30 min; Regio 60 min)
- Take the airport shuttle bus to Freiburg Hauptbahnhof (Timetable)
From Freiburg Hauptbahnhof to Venue you should use local public transport (VAG):
- Tram line map
- Tram line: 2
- Tram stop: “Hauptstraße”
You are looking for building 1 (Institute of Biology II/III) on the university map
Some suggestions for hotels (please check portals such as HRS, booking, etc.)
|Hotel am Rathaus||Rathausgasse 4-8||Website|
|Hotel Barbara||Poststrasse 4||Website|
|Intercity Hotel Freiburg||Bismarckallee 3||Website|
|Stadthotel Freiburg Kolping Hotel & Gästehaus||Karlstr.7||Website|
|Ibis Freiburg Süd (bit more far away)||Bötzinger Str.76||Website|
|StayInn Hostel und Gästehaus||Stühlinger Str.24a||Website|
Note: In Freiburg you sometimes have to pay an additional accommodation tax. For business trips this tax does not to be paid if your employer fills out this form. You will need to show this form to the hotel.