Data Driven Research for Everyone
Galaxy is an open, web-based platform for accessible, reproducible, and transparent computational biological research.
- Accessible: Users can easily run tools without writing code or using the CLI; all via a user-friendly web interface.
- Reproducible: Galaxy captures all the metadata from an analysis, making it completely reproducible.
- Transparent: Users share and publish analyses via interactive pages that can enhance analyses with user annotations.
- Scalable: Galaxy can run on anything, from a laptop, to large clusters or the cloud.
UseGalaxy.eu: The European Galaxy instance
- Thousands of documented and maintained tools
- Free registration
- 250 GB per user (500 GB for ELIXIR members)
- On-demand training capacity
And even more!
Domain-specific European Galaxies
Training Infrastructure as a Service
We want to help you conduct your training seminars. You provide the training, we provide you training infrastructure at no cost.
Why use UseGalaxy.eu training infrastructure?
- Private queue, no wait times
- No Galaxy Maintenance
- No Galaxy Administration
- Official Galaxy Training Materials guaranteed to work
Simply fill out the infrastructure request form and we'll get back to you shortly.
We regularly provide workshops
But we cannot always meet capacity, so we've put all of our training materials online. This has become a community project with people from all over the world contributing training materials.
Topics include: variant analysis, transcriptomics, metagenomics, epigenetics, and many more!
The maintenance and administration of UseGalaxy.eu is done primarily by the
Freiburg Galaxy Team in collaboration with other academic
groups across Europe and with the US Galaxy team.
We make a best effort to provide high uptime. Please see our status page for more information.
The Freiburg Team tries to maintain a balance between service uptime and the health of the administrators behind the service.
Sometimes we are able to achieve this, sometimes due to factors outside our control, our service is temporarily inaccessible.
We want you to feel that useGalaxy.eu is a reliable service, so we are promising to give you advanced warning (when possible) about upcoming downtimes or any events that might degrade the availability of useGalaxy.eu.
- This is a best effort, as much warning as we possibly can.
- But we cannot make any regarding downtime notices.
- The numbers we provide here are rough estimates.
|< 5 minutes||possibly without notice|
|1 hour||1 day|
|1 day||1 week|
|1 week||1 month|
Our Data Retention Policy
|Registered Users||Unregistered Users||FTP Data||GDPR Compliance|
|User data on UseGalaxy.eu (i.e. datasets, histories) will be available as long as they are not deleted by the user. Once marked as deleted the datasets will be permanently removed within 14 days. If the user "purges" the dataset in the Galaxy, it will be removed immediately, permanently. An extended quota can be requested for a limited time period in special cases.||Processed data will only be accessible during one browser session, using a cookie to identify your data. This cookie is not used for any other purposes (e.g. tracking or analytics). If UseGalaxy.eu service is not accessed for 90 days, those datasets will be permanently deleted.||Any user data uploaded to our FTP server should be imported into Galaxy as soon as possible. Data left in FTP folders for more than 3 months, will be deleted.||The Galaxy service complies with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You can read more about this on our Terms and Conditions.|
Jul 27, 2021
UseGalaxy.eu Tool Updates for 2021-07-27
Jul 25, 2021
UseGalaxy.eu Tool Updates for 2021-07-25
Jul 17, 2021
UseGalaxy.eu Tool Updates for 2021-07-17
Jul 16, 2021
UseGalaxy.eu Use Case: Epigenomics and transcriptomics in cancer
Jul 13, 2021
Highlights from the Galaxy Community Conference 2021
Jul 10, 2021