From 21st to 23rd of May was held a workshop for Galaxy training material and skills improvement at the Earlham Institut in Norwich. Bérénice and Björn were there!
The Monday was dedicated to a Train the Trainer workshop by Sarah Morgan from EBI. We reviewed learning principles and how they apply to training and learned training techniques that can be used to enhance learner engagement and participation.
On Tuesday, we started with an update on Galaxy features relevant for training. After for the next 2 days, we broke into groups to work on several aspects of the Galaxy training material:
- Improvement and extension the collection of Galaxy training materials:
- Integration the admin training slides and tutorials available at Dagobah
- New tutorials
- Analysis of new assemblies
- Epigenome-wide association studies (EWAS)
- Language cleanup
- Improvement of the tutorials on contribution
- Addition of a FAQ page
- Addition of support for BioSchemas
- Upload on Zenodo of the collection of datasets used for the tutorials
- Addition of more functionality (e.g. drop-down boxes)
- Addition automatic workflow testing
It was 3 fruitful days!