More than 120 participants joined us for the first Galaxy User Conference in Freiburg. The first day has just ended and what an amazing day it was!
It started with a tribute from Björn to Stephen Hawkings.
Followed by several talks across diverse topics:
- “de.NBI & RBC” by Andreas Tauch (Bielefeld, DE) and Rolf Backofen (Freiburg, DE)
- “Galaxy HiCExplorer” by Joachim Wolff (Freiburg, DE)
- “Analysis of the cardiac myocyte epigenome using Galaxy” by Ralf Gilsbach (Freiburg, DE)
- “Using direct reprogramming to find the master regulators of renal tubulogenesis and factors leading to congenital kidney defects” by Sören Lienkamp (Freiburg, DE)
- “Galaxy tools and workflows for metabolomics: A community effort to make data processing and analysis accessible, reproducible, and transparent” by Ralf Weber (Birmingham, UK)
- “Workflow4Metabolomics - Towards an international computing infrastructure and a tools showcase for Metabolomics” by Christophe Caron (Rennes, FR)
- “Deployment of genome databases for insects using Galaxy Genome Annotation” by Anthony Bretaudeau (Rennes, FR)
- “Galaxy-E: A french initiative dedicated to Macro-Ecological data analysis” by Yvan Le Bras (Paris, FR)
- “The ELIXIR Communities usegalaxy.eu/au launch” by John Hancock (ELIXIR, UK) and Frederik Coppens (Gent, BE)
At the end, Simon Gladman (from Australia) and Björn officially launched the useGalaxy.eu/.org.au!
For more information about what are the implication of useGalaxy.eu launch, you can check our post explaining the details
Thank a lot to all the speakers. See you all tomorrow!