Galaxy Training on HTS data analysis for the members of NeuroMactraining
From 2022-07-04 to 2022-07-08 - Add to your Calendar
We are offering a Galaxy training on high-throughput data analysis. This is an online course and is limited to the members of NeuroMac.
In order to join the training, please
- create an account on the European Galaxy server.
- join the training group on Galaxy by clicking this link which is created for the training only. After the training, you can directly access the Galaxy service from the European Galaxy server.
Every day, the training will run from 9:00-17:00 CET (give or take, depending on questions at the end). If the times will change, it will be announced during the training.
Each tutorial is divided into 3 sessions:
- Training session is a zoom meeting where I will present the basic idea of the topic and demonstrate the data analysis on Galaxy and explain each analysis step. It is a popcorn session. Participants should relax, watch and ask questions.
- Hands-on session is the work-session. Participants will perform the analysis that they have learned during the training session. The training materials are provided. All the questions during the hands-on session will be answered by me in a SIGNAL group. All the training information and training material will stay online even after the training.
- Q&A session: Day ends with an extended live discussion on zoom where we all can discuss any remaining questions about the topic. This session will start at 16:30.
I encourage you to start the analysis of your own data after completing the tutorials.
Some important steps to consider before joining the training:
- For the training, all you need is a computer with a latest web browser.
- Galaxy interactive tours guide you stepwise through the Galaxy user interface and the history. They will help you to follow the Galaxy introduction, and ensure everyone has a basic understanding of how Galaxy works. It is recommended to go through the following two Galaxy interactive tours before beginning the training, but it is not mandatory.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.